Tuesday, June 7, 2011

THIS I HAVE LEARNED.....

(This is worth a read)

 
I have learned that the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person. 
I have learned that when you are in love it shows.
I have learned that just one person saying to me “you have made my day” makes my day.
I have learned that having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world. 
I have learned that being kind is more important than being right. 
I have learned that you should never say no to a gift from a child. 
I have learned that I can always pray for someone when I don’t have the strength to help him in some other way. 
I have learned that no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everybody needs a friend to act goofy with. 
I have learned that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
I have learned that simple walks with my folks around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.
I have learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end the faster it goes. 
I have learned that we should be glad that God does not give us everything we ask for. 
I have learned that money does not buy class. 
I have learned that it is those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
I have learned that under everyone’s hard shell is someone who wants to be loved and appreciated.
I have learned that to ignore the facts does not change the facts. 
I have learned that when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.
I have learned that love, not time, heals all wounds. 
I have learned that the only way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am. 
I have learned that everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile. 
I have learned that no one is perfect until you fall in love with them. 
I have learned that life is tough but I am tougher. 
I have learned that opportunities are never lost, someone will take the ones you miss. 
I have learned that if you Harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
I’ve learned that one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them. 
I have learned that a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. 
I’ve learned that when a newly born baby holds your finger in his little fist, that you are hooked for life. 
I have learned that everyone want’s to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occours while you are climbing it. 
I have learned that the less time I have to work with the more things I get done.

This piece was written by a very special person - whom I sincerly hope one day I have the privilege of meeting in person!


No comments:

Post a Comment